As you may be aware, Prince Harry and American actress Meghan Markle are due to marry on 19 May 2018. If you are looking for activities to celebrate this event, here are a some royal-, wedding- and patriotic-themed ideas to get you started.
Set up a photo booth for your royal wedding guests:
- Use an old picture frame propped up on a table
- Add props such as glasses, bags, bead necklaces, ties, hats, wigs, fake beards or moustaches, crowns, tiaras
- Provide a selection of dresses, jackets, waistcoats, lacy fabric for veils, feather boas, velvet for capes, etc
- Use the club camera to take photos of the wedding guests as they pose inside the picture frame.
Make some popcorn confetti. To make the popcorn confetti suitable for a Royal Wedding, use white mini marshmallows, red and blue 'millions', and love hearts.
Make marshmallow pops. To customise them for a Royal Wedding theme, add red and blue food colouring to separate bowls of white chocolate, and use red, white and blue cake decorations and small sweets.
Obviously finding blue fruit is a bit on the tricky side, but you can get the overall effect by using blackberries, blueberries, and black grapes (for blue), together with strawberries, raspberries, and watermelon (for red) and banana, honeydew melon, and peeled apples (for white).
- Red, white and blue krispie cakes
- Royal Wedding strawberries
- Royal Wedding bunting
- Stars and Stripes wreath
- Union Jack wreath